WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
At times, we are required to collect personal information in the normal course of providing services for our customers.
These services include:
- When you sign up to our mailing list
- Answering customer enquiries
- Processing lay-by purchases
- Accepting customer orders
- Processing online purchases and payments
- Registering an online account
- Processing credit card payments
- Providing tailoring instructions
- Ordering dry cleaning / repairs
- Arranging product holds
- Receiving prize application forms
- Accepting gift voucher payments
- Recording customer accident details
- Processing cash refunds
- Maintaining detailed information on our websites
- Any other time where you may supply personal information to us from time to time.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following information from you:
- your name and contact details, such as your physical address, email address and phone number;
- your gender, birthdate and occupation;
- your purchase history;
- your company name (if applicable);
- the name of the domain from which you access the internet;
- the date and time you access our sites;
- the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our sites;
- other information you may supply to us;
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect other information as further set out in our application forms or during the recruitment process. This may include information relating to your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for, and your referee details; and
- any other information you may provide to us from time to time.
WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
We use the information to customise our services, plan product development so that we can provide you with relevant consumer information and notify you of products and special offers that may be of interest to you. It is also collected so that we may provide value-added services. If you are a candidate for employment, we collect information to assess your suitability for a position within our business and for other purposes such as contacting referees, performing background checks and visa applications. The information we collect through our website, www.lechateaucollection.com.au, helps us better understand the products and services most helpful to you.
DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We may disclose information we hold to our directors, officers, employees and other Associated Entities within our corporate group for business and marketing purposes. We may disclose your information as part of a visa application process or where required to do so by law. Sometimes we use third party platforms and services to process sales, store and analyse data and information, provide web support, send marketing messages, deliver products or otherwise deliver information. These services are hosted and managed by organisations other than ourselves, and some of these services may be hosted overseas. We will also disclose information to a law enforcement agency if we are requested to do so by that agency in relation to suspected unlawful activity. We will not sell or trade your personal information.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information from us, please let us know by clicking on the “unsubscribe link”/”update our preferences” at the bottom of any of our communications.
PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCESS
You have the option of using a pseudonym when dealing with us so as not to identify yourself fully to us. Please bear in mind, however, that we will be unable to provide certain services to you unless you disclose your correct identity. If you are a candidate for employment you must provide personal information which is in all respects true, accurate and up to date and is not, in any respect, misleading, deceptive or inaccurate or likely to be misleading or deceptive.
We understand the importance of your personal information and have appropriate procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information. We also take measures in respect of destroying or de-identifying personal information that is no longer needed for any lawful purpose. We take website and credit card security extremely seriously and always endeavour to provide a secure, safe platform from which to conduct online transactions. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and your computer. Ensure you sign out when you have finished visiting our websites especially if you have accessed the websites from a shared computer.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can refer the matter to the Federal Privacy Commissioner (Tel: 1300 363 992):
ATT: Director of Complaints
Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner
GPO Box 5218,
Sydney NSW 1042